TRIFLES BAKERY TERMS & CONDITIONS
The following Terms & Conditions apply to all cakes ordered in store, over the phone or online. By using the Trifles Bakery service, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
Trifles Bakery may at any time, at its sole discretion, amend, vary or modify these terms conditions without notice.
Please read the following terms and conditions carefully before placing your order with Trifles Bakery:
1. Your Order
a) All details provided at the time of placing your order including cake designs, photos and contact, will be included, for your reference and approval, on our Cake Order Form that we prepared at the time of your order. At this time, a temporary position is held for your requested order date.
b) All orders are prepared strictly to the details mentioned on the order form.
c) Once you have signed the cake order form you are accepting these terms and conditions.
d) It will be your responsibility to thoroughly check that all information on the order form is correct prior to signing, as we will not be liable for any errors.
e) An order is only held temporarily for 7 days, the order will only be secured once a deposit has been paid.
f) Failure to pay deposit within 7 days may result in the cancellation of the temporary position held for your order. Therefore, this position will be given to another customer.
g) We do not and never accept "verbal" Cake orders; all orders need to be confirmed in writing either by email or in person.
h) It will be your responsibility to make sure that you can receive emails at all times. We will not be held liable in the event that you miss any of our reminder emails (being for Cake order, deposit or final payments).
2. The Cake
a) Models and flowers may contain either wire, beads, crystals or cocktail sticks, and should not be eaten. It will be your caterer's responsibility to remove these including any gold and silver plated colouring prior serving the cake.
b) In some extremely rare cases it may be necessary to slightly change a colour or vary a product from the picture on our site as certain cake decorating items may from time to time be unavailable by our suppliers. However, we will substitute the original product with an equally or better quality product. You will be notified upon order request if such change is to take place.
c) All of our sugar crafted figurines, models and decorations are fully and individually hand made
and not machine manufactured. Therefore, they may slightly and finely vary between the ones displayed on our website.
d) Our cakes may contain traces of nuts unless specifically requested.
e) Portion guides are only approximate and dependent on correct cutting. We cannot be held responsible for shortfalls in portions.
f) All cakes should be stored in a cool and dry area, on a flat sturdy surface.
g) Never place cakes in the fridge prior cutting as colour may run. Mud Cake and Carrot cake will keep moist for one week after delivery if covered. Fruitcake lasts well for months if not years.
h) Our cake setup upon delivery is about assembling multi tiered cakes that are impossible to deliver as a whole. Setup does not include cake table or area decoration.
i) Cupcake stand decorations displayed on our website are not included in the sale or hire price of our stands. They are sold separately and are subject to availability.
j) We reserve the right to photograph the cake on delivery and these photographs remain our property.
k) All photos displayed on our website have been professionally edited with professional photo editing software. Colours, contrast or brightness of photos may slightly vary while viewing on other brand monitor displays.
l) Unless specified we will always use Lactofil (non dairy cream) for general birthday cakes and butter cream for all 3D and wedding Cakes. To gives longer shelf life.
m) Lactofil will give your cake a shelf life of 1-2 days; Buttercream will give a shelf life of up to 3 days
3. Collection & Delivery
a) We advise customers to check the cake at the time of collection / delivery, once the cake is received, we will assume the customer is satisfied with the cake and we will not accept any further responsibility for the cake. It is your responsibility to check for any damage to the cake, after the customer has received the cake it is the sole responsibility of the customer, any repairs or adjustments may incur additional charges.
b) Please make sure that a contact person will always be available to contact prior delivery.
c) If you have not arranged for someone at the delivery point to accept the cake, the cake will be deemed to be acceptable.
d) If you are not going to be the person collecting or receiving your order delivery, please ensure that your assigned order recipient or representative is fully aware and informed about your order description, including product care and storage instructions listed in section 2,f of our terms and conditions. Your assigned order recipient or representative will be responsible to check your order carefully. Once our cake is collected by your assigned order recipient or representative, your order will be deemed as "accepted".
e) Once the cake leaves our premises or If the cake is to be left unattended at the venue, we cannot be held responsible for any damage or loss occurring after we have left the venue.
f) In the unlikely event that our delivery vehicle becomes involved in an accident, and your cake gets damaged, we will provide you with a full refund which will include the cost of the cake and delivery fee. We will not be liable to any further charges.
g) We would not be liable for any delays that are beyond our control, such as traffic jams, road closures, accidents, road works or bad weather conditions.
h) Venue parking should be available for delivery. If unavailable, any parking fees above £10 will be charged to customer's credit card.
a) All of our cake prices displayed on our website or quoted during a customer enquiry, are current and may change from time to time due to price increase of ingredients and other materials by our suppliers.
b) A price quoted during an enquiry, is guaranteed to remain unchanged, only if a relative booking has been confirmed and deposit paid.
c) All of our quotes are valid for 7 days only.
5. Deposit & Final Payment
a) Upon placing an order, you will need to place a 25% deposit to secure your position. The remaining 75% will need to be paid on collection or prior to delivery.
b) In case of a short notice order (up to 14 days prior event) a non refundable 80% deposit will need to be placed. The remaining 20% will need to be paid prior to collection or delivery.
c) You will remain liable for the final payment if payment has not been received by us even after your event date.
d) When paying via Electronic Funds Transfer, please include the reference number provided upon receiving your "Cake Order Form".
e) For final payments made via EFT (Electronic Funds Transfer), please ensure your payment is made not less than 2 days prior to the final payment deadline (collection or delivery) as funds can take up to 48 hours to be transferred into our account. This is not taking into account any possible errors that may extend this time.
f) As a measure against fraud, an EFT (Electronic Funds Transfer) "Remittance Advice" showing a payment made to our company would not be accepted as a proof of payment. An EFT (Electronic Funds Transfer) payment would only be classified as "received" by our company, only when the funds of the transaction become available within our bank account. It will be your responsibility for the funds to be available within our account by any payment deadline.
g) If a final payment made via EFT (Electronic Funds Transfer) or Direct Branch Deposit does not appear within our account one (1) day prior to delivery, we will debit your credit card for the final payment amount and promptly notify you of the amount charged and provide details of the reason for which you have been charged. If the original final payment, deposited via EFT or Direct Branch Deposit, appears within our account after we have debited your credit card, we will then provide a refund of this amount back to your credit card.
h) We do not accept Chq payments.
a) If you decide to cancel your order, A 25% charge will apply to all cancellations up to 7 days prior to delivery or collection; £10 admin fee will be applied to all cancellations 24 hours after placing the order.
b) For short notice orders (up to 14 days prior to event) the deposit is non refundable in case of cancellation.
d) If you decide to cancel your order within the 7 days prior to delivery, you will still be liable for the final payment.
Wedding Cake Cancellation
A non refundable deposit of 50% is taken at the time of order, outstanding balance has to be paid 2 weeks prior to the wedding date.
You are required to give one weeks notice if you want to cancel a cake. Depending on the circumstances and time and expense we have invested to that point any monies paid may not be refundable For any cancellations within 7 days of the delivery date you will have to pay the full amount for the cake whether or not you take delivery of it.
In exceptional circumstances we reserve the right to cancel a cake at any time. No charges will be made, and all money paid will be refunded but no compensation will be payable should this occur.
8. Agreement to Terms and Conditions
By proceeding with a purchase& signing the Order Form you are in agreement with our terms and conditions as stated above.